[http://blue.host/s2k2309RgKk] You’ve finally taken the plunge, selected a domain name, purchased hosting, and are ready to start your WordPress site. But you may be wondering what to do next. Don’t worry! This video will walk you through how to create your first web page on WordPress step by step.
For purposes of this tutorial, we’re going to assume that you’ve already installed WordPress and chosen a theme. If you haven’t yet, click here for directions and then rejoin us.
How to Create Your First Web Page
1. Turn your attention to the sidebar and locate “Pages.”
2. Click “Add New.”
3. Once you have selected “Add New,” you’ll notice you can enter a title and customize the content. You can add a title to your page, such as “About Me” or “Services.” Then you can write your content, add images, and even select the layout for your page.
4. Once you are ready to publish your page, find the “Publish” button on the right side of your screen. As soon as you click the blue button, your new page will go live.
How to Add a Page to a Menu
To organize your pages, you’ll want to add them to one of your navigation menus. You can do this through the “Appearance” tab on the sidebar. Here is how.
1. Find “Appearance” on the sidebar and click “Menus.”
2. Find the pages you created under the “Pages” widget.
3. You can add any of the pages to your menu by clicking the checkbox next to the title of your page and then clicking “Add to Menu.”
4. Once you have selected the pages you want to add, you can arrange them in the way you want them to appear on your menu. Do this by dragging and dropping each menu item where you would like them to appear.
And there you have it! That’s how you create a page on WordPress and organize them into a menu.
VISIT THE BLUEHOST BLOG
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR CHANNEL